Friends of the Pemberton Library
The “Friends” are a group of individuals with various skills and levels of commitment who use their time, energy, and ideas to support the Library. We are always looking for new Friends!
What do the “Friends of the Library” do?
- promote and advocate for the library
- raise funds for special programs and equipment
- volunteer their talents, skills or time
Thanks to the Friends of the Library fundraising efforts we have been able to add many new features and enhancements to the Library and its services such as:
- Laptop bar extension
- Laptop bar seating
- Seating for the Teen area
- Seating in the Children’s Library
- Movie projector and sound system
- Movie performance rights license (for events such as Movie Nights and Family Movie Matinees)
- Blinds for the lounge area
- Coffee vending machine
- Computer classes
- Subscription to Lynda.com
- Adirondack chairs for the deck
- Author visits and events
- and much much more….
How can you help?
Volunteer at one of our events:
- Annual Booksale
Or volunteer in various other capacities throughout the year (Scrabble Tournament, gardening)
The Friends of the Library Board of Directors are:
- Julie Kelly – President
- Christine Timm – Secretary/Treasurer
Plans are in full swing to make this another active and successful year and continue helping the Library with its many upcoming events and needs.
Contact Us and Become a Friend
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Friend of the Library, please contact
Julie Kelly at email@example.com