Computers and Wi-Fi
Public Access Computers
The Library has a number of public access computer stations available for public use. Computer and Internet access is provided free of charge to visitors and Library patrons.
We have the following computers available for use on a first-come, first-served basis:
- 1 Accessible Desktop PC
- 1 Windows 11 PC
- 1 MacBook Air
- 3 Chromebooks
Log into our public access computers using your library card barcode or use the guest pass provided on the Library computer.
Sessions are 45 minutes. Sessions may be extended at the discretion of staff.
Printing, copying and scanning is available for a small fee at the library.
Things to note:
- All users are expected to follow our Public Library Computer and Internet Use Policy.
- Our public computers are not filtered and the public network is not secure.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult to use the computer facilities.
- Children aged 12-14 may use the computers unsupervised provided staff have received parental/guardian permission for them to do so. Monitoring of a child’s use of the computers and the Internet is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Computers begin to shut down five minutes before closing — staff are unable extend time after closing time.
Lendable computers and accessories (in Library-use only)
We have a number of laptops and accessories that may be borrowed with a valid adult Pemberton Library card, for use anywhere within the Library.
Lendable items include:
- Chromebooks (lendable laptops sessions are 3 hours, and may be extended at the discretion of staff).
- Wireless noise cancelling headphones
- Sony stereo headphones
- External CD/DVD Drive
We offer free public Wi-Fi in the library, (no password required).
To connect to our Wi-Fi:
- Turn on your device’s Wi-Fi to see available networks.
- Select our wireless network: PEMBERTON LIBRARY FREE WIFI
Staff is available to help with internet & research questions. Services such as resume writing and other word processing activity are not offered by the library.